Search engine optimize images to make posts more visible. But what does image optimization in SEO really mean?
A picture is worth a thousand words if the pictures you show are suitable for the context. Images enhance the experience on a web page and ensure that you get a good experience of the site and that the visitor stays.
It is important to think about making the images more understandable to search engines. Name the images (file name) so that they describe and contain keywords. Do not bring any unnecessary characters. Do not forget to optimize the alt text for the images in your posts. The alt text is used to describe the content of the image. Include relevant keywords in the alt text.
In addition, being visible on Google image search has in recent years become a smart way to get both increased visibility and traffic.
Tips on how to search engine optimize your images
- Take time to optimize images
- Choose images that relate to your text or article
- Select a relevant file name
- Upload the images in the correct format
- Optimize alt text
- Make sure to give the search engines good information so that they can easily understand what the image is about
- Make sure the images can be loaded quickly
- Use caption
- Make sure the images are responsive